Family Court Injustice | Get the Picture
These pictures were drawn by my daughter, and show the devastating effects of abuse and trauma, family court injustice, and court ordered parental alienation, on a child’s life. My children have had to endure and witness things no child should ever have to bear.
The picture on the left depicts our family – at the top “I Love You” is written with a smiling face next to it and a shiny heart sticker is added. Below the writing is a smiling picture of mom with her 3 children.
The picture to the right is also drawn by my daughter and shows a little girl with wide staring eyes and black scribbles drawn over her mouth, silencing her. At her side is a menacing looking man staring at her.
My daughter has been severely affected by the abuse and trauma, and to this day suffers from behavioral and emotional problems; including difficulties communicating and sharing her feelings. My daughter often draws pictures to express what she cannot say in words.
It should be noted that when my daughter drew this picture with the blacked out mouth, it was shortly before an exchange where she was going back to her father’s home. We had a wonderful visit and then, without warning, my daughter became extremely upset, she was almost nonverbal, and I knew something was wrong but she could not tell me what. My daughter drew this picture, and several others, then hid them in our home. I found the pictures later.
Due to the injustices of the court, my children were taken from a fit, loving mother who bravely escaped an abusive relationship in order to provide my children with a better life. My children were never allowed to come home, and never allowed to enjoy their childhood, because the judges in Hennepin County awarded sole custody to the identified abuser.
The Hennepin County family court system awarded sole custody to the man who assaulted me (in front of my young children) and then threw us out in the street like trash, we actually were homeless for a time. My son was injured during that incident as well. Both children have suffered from PTSD and anxiety. And there have been over a dozen reports of document abuse. I have been punished for reporting concerns of abuse, and now only am allowed one visit a month with my children. My children have been estranged from their mother, family of origin, as well as their religious and cultural background.
June 2016 will mark 10 years of fighting in family court… an effort to protect my children and to retain my custodial rights, as well as to have a reasonable visitation schedule. I will never stop fighting to keep my children safe, and to bring them home.
This blog is called “family court injustice” and I pray, one day, there will be justice for my family, and all others enduring this horrific battle against the systemic failures and injustice occurring in family court and the GAL program.
~ Emily Court © 2016
A picture is worth a thousand words… or a thousand tears. These pictures were drawn by my daughter, and show the devastating effects of abuse and trauma, family court injustice, and court ordered parental alienation.
- Family Court Injustice – Get the Picture(familycourtinjustice.wordpress.com)
- 6 Myths About PTSD We Need to Stop Believing(psychologytoday.com)
- Complex PTSD(centerforanxietydisorders.com)
- A Parental Alienation Syndrome Family Experience(americanfathers.wordpress.com)
- The Root Of The Problem Is This…(americanfathers.wordpress.com)
- True or False? “Parental Alienation is a tactical ploy used by attorneys whose clients (primarily fathers) are seeking custody of their children.”(americanfathers.wordpress.com)
- Time To THINK Outside The Box!(childrensrightsflorida.wordpress.com)
- Uniting Against Court Corruption(civilrightsinfamilylaw.wordpress.com)
- JUNK SCIENCE AND THE REAL PARENTAL ALIENATION IN FAMILY COURT THAT NOBODY TALKS ABOUT(standupforzoraya.wordpress.com)
- Emotional abuse is traumatic, and not enough is being done about stopping it! How bad is it?(standupforzoraya.wordpress.com)